Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creamy Bacon, Mushroom and Green Pea Linguini

This recipe is long overdue but I was too lazy to upload the pictures to my computer. I made this for lunch over a week ago, using up leftover Ricotta from the Spanakopita I posted last week. I also had to use mushrooms because they were starting to go brown. Not that any of you needed to know that… So this is what I came up with! Enjoy.



Ingredients:
6 thick slices of Bacon, chopped
1 ½ cup Frozen Green Peas
1 ½ cup Sliced White Mushrooms
½ cup Red Onion, chopped
¼ cup Cream Cheese
½ cup Ricotta Cheese (Had there been Crème Fraiche in the fridge, I would’ve used that, but
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Linguine, though I am a big fan of Farfalle (‘Bow-ties’)

1. While preparing this dish, put some water to boil and cook some pasta in a large pot. (I’m assuming that if you are reading this, you know how to cook any kind of pasta)
2. In a Wok (Incase you haven’t noticed yet, I like using woks because I don’t spill as much when I’m stirring. It’s ridiculous how much of a mess I can make), fry the bacon bits until nice and crispy.
3. Remove the bacon bits from their own fat and set them on a paper towel. In the bacon fat, fry the onions until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms and peas and stir until both are soft.
4. Add the cheeses to the peas and mushrooms. Once they are melted, stir the bacon back into the dish. (I take the bacon out of the process early so the bacon doesn’t absorb flavors, while cooking all the ingredients in the bacon fat, because: hello! Bacon is too delicious to be overpowered!)
5. Stir the sauce into the pasta (which should be cooked by now), and serve.


Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment