Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fried Rice

When there is nothing left in the fridge but two slices of ham, no cheese, no bread, no pasta... I am forced to turn to rice (always my last resort). My sister asked for it, so I tried my hand at Chinese fried rice. It should not, under any circumstance be considered authentic Chinese Food because I literally emptied the fridge into this dish and used the only sauce I could find. It actually turned out really tasty! So I recommend making my version, because if I ate it, it couldn't have been that terrible as I don't like rice to begin with...


Ingredients

3 cups of cooked rice (leftover rice is perfect)

2 green onions, chopped

2 eggs, lightly beaten

Some leftover veggies (I used chopped yellow peppers)

4 Tbsp of Canola Oil

3 Tbsp of Stir-fry sauce (I didn’t have any soya sauce)

2 deli ham slices

Salt and Pepper

Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat. Add the eggs and green onions and scramble until it is no longer creamy. Stir in the leftover veggies, and ham.

Once the ham and veggies are crispy, stir in the rice and raise the heat a bit Stir until the rice is crispier. Lastly, stir in the stir-fry sauce. Add some salt and according to your taste buds.

Serve immediately and enjoy!

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment