1 can of Coconut Milk
2 cups of chicken stock
6 oz. of bite sized chicken cubes
1 stalk of lemon grass (use the bottom whiter part, slit it down the middle and squish it to release some of the flavorful oils)
¼ cup of fresh lime juice (about one lime) – set aside the remaining lime skin
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of ground ginger
1 ½ tbsp of curry paste
10 whole mushrooms, halved
1. In a large pot, bring the chicken stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, lime skin, ginger and sugar to a boil.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. While the broth is simmering, fry the chicken until it is just cooked.
4. Once the 30 minutes have elapsed, stir the cooked chicken, halved mushrooms and curry paste into the broth. Add salt to flavor according to your preferences.
5. Garnish with as much or as little cilantro as you like, I personally would a handful but not everybody likes cilantro as much as I do.
6. Serve hot, and enjoy.
(I originally put whole mushrooms into the soup but I thought they were way too big so I cut them in half, with scissors. Elodie thought it was hilarious so she took a picture, but I say, whatever works best works for me. I didn't have to take all the mushrooms out of the soup to cut them and barely added any dishes to the pile!)