1 Butternut Squash, halved, seeds scooped out
Some olive oil
½ Onion, chopped
3 Cups of Vegetable broth
1 Tsp of Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper to taste
(Seriously, that’s all the ingredients)
1. To roast the squash, drizzle olive oil on the squash (on everything that isn’t the skin), place skin side up on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour in a 350-degree oven. When pierced with a fork, the squash should already feel very soft.
2. Brown the onions in a large pot with some olive oil. Scoop the roasted squash out of the skin and into the pot.
3. Add the broth and spices. Bring to a boil, let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Blend the soup in a blender, or use an immersion blender.
5. Serve immediately. I topped mine with some sour cream snowflakes but that’s only because it was the holidays! A dollop would probably work as well…