Sunday, January 1, 2017

Vegan Apple Walnut Muffins

After a treat filled December, what better way to start the new year with a fresh and healthy slate? I will be attempting to go vegan for the entire month of January in the hopes that I will explore more meatless recipes and incorporate less dairy/meat into my everyday go-to meals.
I know I haven't posted any new recipes since 2012 (what!) but I'm going to try to upload everyday this month as a way to hold myself accountable and guarantee the success of this challenge. 

I am determined to find a way to make vegan amazing and I think I'm off to a good start, here are the Apple-Walnut muffins I made for breakfast this morning: 



Recipe (12 muffins) 

1 3/4 cups of flour 
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

2 apples, peeled and dived
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped

1 1/4 cups of water
1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of oil 

1. Preheat the over to 400 degrees
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt in large bowl 
3. Mix the water and sugar, add oil and vinegar
4. Blend the apples and walnuts into the flour mixture
5. Mix the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, pour immediately into prepared muffin tins
6. Bake 25 minutes 
7. Bon Appetit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment