Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meaty Monday

I’m all about keeping it simple when I’m too tired or lacking creativity so I ended up making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. I’ve never actually made meatballs before as I’m not much of a “ground beef” kind of girl but I’m trying to be open minded and I’m not going to lie…. These meatballs are really good! They almost rival the Swedish Meatballs at IKEA, as far as meatballs go!



Spaghetti & Meatballs
(Serves 6-8)

For the meatballs:
1½ lbs. Lean ground Beef
1½ cups Panko, or regular bread crumbs
¼ cup of Grated Parmesan
½ tsp. Garlic powder
1 tbsp. Fresh chopped parsley
½ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
1 egg, beaten

For the tomato sauce: (I definitely got lazy/didn’t have the ingredients necessary to make a sauce from scratch)
1 large can of tomato sauce (I used a “garlicky tomato” sauce)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. garlic cloves, minced

1. Put all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix them well until well blended, using your hands works best. Make about 20 1” meatballs with your hands, place them on plate or cookie sheet and set aside.

2. In a saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until translucent. Empty the entire can of tomato sauce. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Let sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes and add the uncooked meatballs individually, until they are all coated evenly. Cover, simmer or medium heat for 35 minutes.

3. Cook spaghetti while meatballs are cooking in the sauce. Serve pasta in bowls, and place meatballs on top. Garnish with a bit of fresh parsley and some grated cheese.



Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment