Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Smoked Salmon Salad

Whole Foods has this Amazing Salmon Salad that is absolutely irresistible, but also absolutely overpriced. :( Lucky for me, they have to list the ingredients on the label so I made my own similar tasting one and I loved it. The fish I used wasn't the salmon lox that Whole Foods uses I'm pretty sure... but the smoked salmon was had was sort of golden so the color wasn't the same but it was still delicious!


Ingredients

1 Baguette, sliced thinly/diagonally
Romain Lettuce
6 to 8 Ounces of Smoked Salmon
1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
2 Tbsp. Chopped Red Onion
1 Roma Tomato, chopped
1/2 of one celery stick, chopped finely
2-3 green onions
Salt and Pepper

1. Chop the salmon into tiny pieces. Chop the onions, coat them in salt, let rest half an hour and rinse.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Serve on a slice of baguette over some lettuce, top with green onions or chives to decorate. :)



Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm that looks yummy!!! Other than this great replica, I bet you probably really miss Whole Foods... :( I do!!

    ReplyDelete