Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tres Leche Cake

This is a recipe I tried and had NEVER heard of in my life. I like cake, I like whipped cream, I like strawberries so I think it's an obvious winner! I couldn't take any pictures of a "piece" of the cake because I didn't let it set long enough to hold much of a shape. It was delicious, and wonderfully fattening none the less! ;)


Ingredients

1 box of Vanilla Cake Mix (and all the ingredients on the back of whichever box you're using)
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup of Heavy Cream
1 can of Evaporated Milk
1 container of whipped cream (or just another cup of heavy cream to whip)
2 cups of sliced strawberries or ANY other delicious summer fruits like raspberries

1. Make the cake in a rectangular 8x11 dish.
2. Once the cake is baked, poke the cake thoroughly with a fork.
3. Mix the three "leches" together in a bowl, and slowly pour evenly onto the cake. Place the cake into the fridge and let the milk mixture get absorbed completely into the cake. Let set AT LEAST 4 hours!
4. Once the cake has set 4 hours, or more, in the fridge, coat completely with whipped cream and decorate it with fresh fruit.


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment