Sunday, November 20, 2011

Beer Can Chicken

I just thought I'd share my recent experience with roasting chicken. Using a beer instead of basting the chicken every half hour is beyond easy and foolproof. The chicken will most certainly turn out very juicy and flavorful, without all the fuss of taking it out to baste it. The fun part is you HAVE to have beer (in cans) on standby, and you get to drink half of one before putting the bird in the oven.

(I guess it looks a bit funny propped up like that...)


Ingredients

1 whole chicken
1 beer can (half full)
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Prop a chicken onto a beer can in a way that it feels balanced. William-Sonoma sells a beer-can chicken stand, but trust me, if I can figure it out, so can you.
Rub the chicken with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place it on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven and forget about it for 90 minutes.
Once its ready, slide it off the beer can and lay it on it's back. Carve it as you would any other roast chicken and enjoy!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment