Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cheesy Garlicky Bread (FAIL)





This recipe is a perfect example of how amateur I really am at this "cooking" thing. I had this incredible, super simple idea for a delicious tear-apart bread (did you see this amazing cinnamon tear-apart bread I made?) with garlic butter and cheese in between the slices instead of sweet cinnamon goodness. However, life got in the way of the making the bread, and the dough was NOT happy I left it rising in the oven with a bowl of hot water and the bread proof setting on. NOT HAPPY AT ALL. This is what I came home to:



I thought all hope was lost, so I pulled the edges off to bake what was only left in the pan. The bread immediately deflated completely, so I piled all the dough back into the loaf pan and decided to bake it, regardless of how badly I had messed it up.

I don't have a specific recipe to post for this post. I used "Simple Machine Bread dough", let the bread machine do all the kneading, let it rise one hour, took it out, rolled it out flat. smeared garlic butter and cheddar all over it like a pizza, sliced long vertical slices, which i piled ontop of each other. I then cut 3 inch squared and layered those vertically in a loaf pan in a warm oven.
I was supposed to let it rise another hour before baking it in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes, but I ended up letting it rise for 4 extra hours before baking.

The results were surprisingly delicious (you can't really go wrong with garlic butter and cheese!)


It's one to try, and watch, and it a sure winner with soup on the side!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment