I finally got my hands on some puff pastry to make Brie-en-croute but opted to make this tart instead. Let's face it: Puff Pastry is delicious with anything and can easily satisfy any craving. This was yet again, a very simple dish. I served it with fish (Surprise! I found out I STILL hate Sole!) and it was the perfect side dish.
One square of puff pastry (the Tenderflake box comes with 2 squares it in, find it in the freezer aisle)
2 ripe tomatoes
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp of Garlic Butter (It's the best ingredient for any dish)
Salt, pepper and dried basil
Cheese to top, not a necessity but I always opt for it.
1. Roll out the puff pastry and set it on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pierce it with a fork so no huge bubbles form while baking.
2. Melt the garlic butter in the microwave, and paint it across the entire rolled out puff pastry dough.
3. Top the entire surface with thinly sliced tomatoes (don't forget to pat these dry once they are sliced, or else they make everything soggy!)
4. Evenly place the sliced mushrooms.
5. Season with the salt, pepper and basil, top with cheese.
6. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown (also long enough to cook the dough!)