Friday, December 16, 2011

Chocolate Covered Caramel Pretzels

If I make a deal with myself not to spend anytime on my computer while at home, you can pretty much guarantee I will be bored out of my mind, and whipping up several baked dishes at once and starting way too many projects in the kitchen. I don’t think I spent more than 10 minutes making these and I’m very pleased with the end results! If I were trying to create holiday treat baskets, I would definitely add these ones in it.

Ingredients:

30 Pretzels (or more until you run out of caramel and chocolate to coat them in)

A bag of Kraft Caramels, (around 35 if buying bulk)

6 Oz of Milk Chocolate chunks

Place the unwrapped caramels in a glass bowl. Microwave on high heat in 30-45 second increments until the caramels are completely melted. Place parchment paper on the counter. Stir the pretzels directly into the melted caramel. Quickly coat them all and poor the mixture onto the parchment paper. Using a fork, separate the pretzels so you don’t end up with a ball of hard caramel once it cools. Melt the chocolate chunks in a heatproof bowl over simmering water while the pretzels are cooling. One at a time, dunk the cooled pretzels into the chocolate and set to dry on a clean parchment paper sheet. Decorate with sprinkles and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment