Saturday, December 17, 2011

Two-Bite Brownie Santa Hats

I really love holiday baking. I can go crazy in the kitchen and no matter how much I bake, I won’t be tempted to eat any of it because I give so much of it away to friends, family, school teachers etc. This particular recipe was as an idea I saw online. There are a lot of recipes for these brownies but I thought it would be so much easier to just buy two-bite brownies and make cream cheese frosting (the easiest and also the best) although... Betty Crocker Icing would have made this even easier. The entire assembly process took around 10 minutes and I heard from my dad, that these were a huge hit at his office! Furthermore, I’m pretty sure they are the cutest thing to ever come out of my kitchen.

Ingredients:

1 Lbs Strawberry

1 Bag of Two-Bite Brownies

For the Frosting:

8 Oz of Cream Cheese

5 Tbsp of Butter

3 Cups of Icing Sugar

A Splash of lemon juice

Cream the butter and the cream cheese until light with a hand mixer, slowly add icing sugar while slowly mixing. Add the lemon juice squeeze. Place the frosting into a Ziploc freezer bag or actual piping bag with a round tip. Place icing on each brownies. Wash and pat dry all the strawberries. Cut the stems off. Place one strawberry on each brownie. Top each strawberry with a dollop of icing and serve shortly after. Don’t make the mistake I made by placing these in the fridge over night… The strawberries will sweat, and you'll have to wipe them down and start over!

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment