Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lilia’s Banana Bread (Muffins!)

When my sister and I were younger, my mom hired extra help as both my parents were working full-time. Though we did go through quite a few different cleaning ladies throughout our childhood, none really did compare to Lilia because she was the only one that made us delicious food! She made the best pizzas and often had warm gooey-crusted banana bread waiting for us when we got home from school. Before she left us, she did leave us with her most amazing banana bread recipe (written in Spanish) so I did have to call my sister in Ibiza and ask her what “aceita” was! - It’s oil, should have known that. The important thing is that I know what butter is – mantequilla! This is the recipe I will never steer away from, and it can easily be dressed up with chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or fresh banana slices to garnish.


Ingredients:

2 Bananas (bananas in Spanish!)

2 Eggs (huevos)

2 Cups of Sugar (azucar)

½ Cup of Oil (aceita)

1 ½ Cup of flour (harina)

½ Tbsp of Salt (sal)

2 Tsp of Baking Soda (no translation, I guess Lilia didn’t think we spoke well enough!)

2 Tsp of Baking Powder (same deal!)

1. Mash the banana in a bowl

2. Blend in all the other ingredients

3. Pour into a loaf pan, or muffin molds

4. Bake in a 325-degree oven for 40 minutes (loaf) – 25-30 minutes (muffins)

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment