Thursday, April 19, 2012

Guilt-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I tried to impress a boy with my baking, bragged about how good I could make any cookie and told him I would make his favourite – oatmeal raisin for our picnic the following day. I started baking these at 11pm (after work) and realized I had NONE of the required ingredients to make these exactly how I wanted to make them (no flour, not enough butter, not enough sugar etc.). I had to substitute practically all the ingredients, and was so worried these wouldn’t turn out… Thankfully they did (like I said… all cookies are delicious) but what’s even crazier is just how healthy they really were! Here is a revised, completely new healthy, whole wheat, low-fat cookie.


Ingredients:

½ Cup of Butter

½ Cup of Applesauce

1 Cup of Brown Sugar

1 Cup of White Sugar

2 eggs

1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

1 ¾ Cups of Whole Wheat Flour

1 Tsp of baking soda

½ Tsp of salt

1 ½ Tsp of cinnamon

¼ Tsp of Nutmeg

3 Cups of Rolled Oats

1 Cup of raisins

1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, sugars, eggs and vanilla, until well blended.

2. Soak the raisins in a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes to create juicier raisins to bite into once the cookies are baked.

3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

4. Poor the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

5. Add the drained raisins.

6. Place cookies 2” apart on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 375-degree oven.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment