These chocolate chip slab cookies go way back in our family. I'm not too sure where the recipe came from (most likely one of my mom's clients at her daycare) but it is by far the easiest dessert/snack/treat you could make. All whilst only dirtying one mixing bowl, with 5 minutes of work, you could have yourself a plate of 30 or so delicious, golden and crispy cookies! Did I mention that it doesn't require any eggs? Practically vegan! (Minus the butter - never bake without butter)
1/2 Cup of Margarine
1/2 Cup of Butter (at room temp)
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Tsp of Vanilla
2 Cups of Flour
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips (milk chocolate is what was used in this batch)
1. Cream the butter, margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add to that bowl, the vanilla, flour. Mix until combined.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips!
4. Pat entire mixture evenly in a cookie sheet or 9"x11" baking dish.
5. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.
6. Last step! Cut into small squares while the cookies are still warm but let them cool a little bit before you devour them.