Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cinnamon Pull-apart Bread

I got this idea from Annie's Eats, which is a food blog I just LOVE, and visit practically daily for inspiration.
If you don't have a bread machine, you should go ahead and follow her recipe instead of mine. I use the same cinnamon/sugar/butter measurements as her, BUT I just made a medium sized "white bread" dough for the bread maker. I let it do all the work and I take the dough out before it's 2nd rise cycle.

I cannot emphasize enough how much you have to try this, it's one of the most delicious breads/cinnamon roll substitutes out there and it's very easy to make!



Ingredients for the filling:
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1. Once you have your dough ready, roll it out onto a floured surface or a silicone sheet.
2. Spread the butter on it evenly and top with the cinnamon and sugar.
3. Slice the dough horizontally, then pile the long horizontal strips on top of each other, and slice vertically to make squares.
4. Place them in a loaf pan and place in a warm area for 45 minutes. (I use the proofing setting on our oven)
5. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes, or until the tops are browning. In my opinion, if the dough is still gewey and slightly raw, it tastes AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment