Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fish Tacos w/ Mango & Avocado Salsa

I am embarrassed by the lack of posts I’ve made to my blog recently. I have a handful of meals I’ve made, waiting to be blogged about, but I’ve been so busy. I moved to Montreal, and have therefore, lost all access to my parents’ beautiful camera. Here is one of the last meal I was able to photograph with the Canon Rebel XTi… FISH TACOS with Mango and Avocado Salsa! They were simply delicious and coming from me, that means a lot, since I’ve been avoiding fish like the plague for the last 10 years!



Ingredients:

White Fish Fillets (since I have no experience with fish, I got frozen beer battered fish fillets)
1 Ripe Avocado, cut in dice sized pieces
1 Ripe Mango, chopped
a heaping handful of cilantro
¼ Cup of chopped Red Onions
1 Roma tomato
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Jalapeño pepper, chopped (as little or as much as you want… ½ tsp. is my choice)
A package of smaller flour tortillas
Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
Sour Cream
Tex Mex Cheese


1. Combine the avocado, mango, tomato and onion chunks in a bowl with cilantro, toss with limejuice and oil until evenly coated. Mix in Jalapeño pepper, and seasoning, let sit at least 45 minutes in the fridge.

2. Bake the white fish fillets as per the box instructions.

3. When the fish is ready, place on a cutting board and slice into long thin pieces. Serve immediately.

4. My favourite way of eating tacos, is first smearing sour cream, adding the fish and cabbage, topping with salsa and a heaping amount of tex mex. It’s soo delicious, most definitely one of my favourite meals to date!



Bon Appétit!

P.S. I really don’t have any real talent when it comes to cooking, I just really love cheese, cilantro and/or avocado. Anything with either ingredient is bound to be good, even if it sounds or looks disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment